Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Telling the Grandparents

June 1, 2012

We waited quite a while to tell anyone that we were expecting.  So, when we were ready, we definitely wanted to tell our parents first. 

My mom and dad have almost finished re-doing their entire house.  I mean they basically built a new one…. and my mom has been really stressed through the whole thing.  We didn’t get to help very much, but on Friday June 1, we headed down there to sort through some stuff.  Mom said that she would make us dinner so we came up with a plan.  Mu-ha-ha-ha

When we sat down to eat, Nate said I’ll pray and thanked God for our food before he said, “…and thank you for family and the new addition that Whitney is carrying right now. Amen”

First reactions:

035 036

They were completely shocked and it was great.  My mom threw her hands on the table and said, “No!”  Then she continued to laugh and ask questions.  My dad immediately started crying and kept saying, “wow.”

Needless to say, they were happy.  And we were happy to finally tell someone.

__________________________________________________

June 5, 2012

After we told my parents, we went over to tell Nate’s, but forgot they were at kid’s camp.  So, we knew they would be coming up close to our house to see Nate’s sister’s new baby…. and we were hoping they may want to go to dinner and we could pull the same prayer thing.  It didn’t really work out like we had hoped, but it worked out in the end.

We ended up going to Nate’s sister’s house.  We still wanted to pull the prayer thing, but Nate’s mom was busy with the baby while we prayed for the food.

I had bought a couple “Grandkids” frames.  The one for my mom had three spaces and I put pictures of Brendan, Landry, and our ultrasound.  The one for Nate’s mom had two spaces and I put pictures of Aubrey and our ultrasound.

So Nate waited basically all night to tell them, and I had no idea what he was going to do.  He ended up just giving his mom the frame.  She held Aubrey the whole time so it took a while to open it.  Then she didn’t have her glasses on, so she read the frame and didn’t get it.  She thought we were giving her the frame because of Aubrey and that the ultrasound was just an old one of her (she couldn’t see that it said “Coming 12.5.12).  There was an awkward silence (where I’m sure Nate’s family was wondering why I would frame an old ultrasound) before Nate had to say, “Actually, the ultrasound is of our baby that will be here in December.”

Then things got cleared up and Nate’s mom shed a tear, while Nate’s dad immediately called Nate’s grandparents and aunts and uncles.  I didn’t have my camera handy but managed to get this one before we headed out.  (Nate’s mom still has the baby. ha)

001

Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment