Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Telling the BFFs

June 4, 2012

I was probably most excited to tell my two best friends about our baby.  They had been my confidants and helped keep me positive through the year of trying.  They were the only ones that knew, and it meant a lot to me that they prayed everyday for this baby.

I kept trying to get us together for ice cream or something so I could spill the beans, but there was always something going on.  So on June 4, 2012 we went to lunch.

I bought them cell phone cases and had this speech all planned to say when I gave them these:

007 006

We ate lunch and had some good old talks.  Melissa (who is having a baby in September) even gave me some pregnancy tests because she didn’t need them anymore (and they are super expensive), so I knew they didn’t suspect anything.

So after we finished eating… while we were waiting on our cheesecake… I told them I got them a present and just handed them their cases.  I totally forgot about my speech because I was so excited, and just let them figure it out for themselves.

First reactions:

photo photo (2)

Hollie even shed a little tear.  They were too cute!  It was a classic reaction and I will never forget it.  I am so super blessed to have such great friends.  Don’t know what I would do without them.

They continued to ask questions and couldn’t believe I waited so long to tell them.  Melissa even said she had just prayed over those pregnancy tests for ten minutes… ha.  It was a great lunch that I will never forget!  Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, even now.

Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment