Monday, June 11, 2012

April 23, 2012

Positive Pregnancy Test/Telling Nate Our Good News!

Journal Entry from April 23, 2012:

My heart is overwhelmed with joy! Today we found out that we will be parents! After 14 long months of trying for a baby, our dreams will finally come true. I haven’t been feeling very well the last few weeks, and after taking so many pregnancy tests with a negative result I promised myself I wouldn’t take one without signs of a pregnancy. As I thought more about my symptoms I thought it would be okay to splurge and take a test… but telling myself the whole time not to get to excited. Every time I would get a negative result I would feel so defeated, so when two pink lines popped up, I was in disbelief!

I spent my time with God that morning praising Him for His providential timing and for this precious life now growing inside of me. I am completely humbled and extremely grateful. After fearing the word “infertility” my whole adult life and getting a small taste of what it would be like to never conceive, I am more appreciative and excited than I ever thought I would be.

What a joy! What a blessing! Nate and I thank God for giving us the desires of our heart and so look forward to this next chapter of our lives. We know our lives will never be the same and can’t wait to meet our little one.

.

I waited all day to tell Nate the good news.  I knew he would be just as excited as I was.  We were together all day at work and even took a trip to Target together, so it was hard not to tell him… but I wanted to do something special when he got home.

So, as I waited (not so patiently) at home, I came up with a plan.  I stopped by Homeland and got a big bun and put it in our oven.  I also made this card and sat it in the oven.

031 032

When he got home, he immediately put on his work clothes (or gym shorts and no shirt) to go mow the yard.  Before he could make it outside, I told him I made something for him and it’s in the oven.  He was like whatever and went to open the oven.  When he saw the giant bun, he understood right away that we had a “bun in the oven” and his face turned bright red and his smile filled up his whole face.  All he could say was, “really?”

7 After I caught this first reaction, I made him go put on a shirt. ha

6 

  (I still didn’t have a camera so these were taken with Nate’s phone.)2 After that, he forgot about the mowing, and we abandoned our diet to eat at Johnny Carinos.  We went crazy with Italian food and even sprung for the chocolate cake!  That was one great dinner with the love of my life!

3Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment