Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12 Week Ultrasound

May 21, 2012

12 wk 1

Journal Entry May 21, 2012:

Today we got to have our first ultrasound. It was an experience we will never forget. We saw the obvious outline of our baby and heard the strong heartbeat. Dr. Beeson said our baby was “text book perfect.” I was very anxious and kept having what if thoughts. Like what if we are making all this up, and I’m not really pregnant? What if they can’t find a heartbeat? It was a wonderful relief to see our healthy baby moving like crazy. I have dreamed about hanging up ultrasound pictures on our fridge for some time now, and today they are hanging there with much excitement and love!

We also didn’t have a due date nailed down, so it was great to finally have a measurement that told us I am 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant and our due date is 12.5.12. Nate was hoping for a November baby so we could all have matching birthdays, but you never know. This means that I was pregnant on our mission trip to Nicaragua. No wonder I couldn’t stop crying all week… I was also pregnant during the Ladies Retreat when I was begging God to answer my prayer for a child of my own. What a different focus that weekend would have had had I known. And lastly, I was pregnant during my attempt to run a 5K. That will always be my excuse about why I couldn’t train and run like I wanted to ;)

Nate and I are talking about when we will tell our family and friends. We think we are close to being ready to do that. I am not big on attention, so it will be hard for me to put myself out there. Nate’s sister also just had a baby on May 13, so I don’t want to take any attention away from her. Mostly, I am looking forward to telling my mom and my best friends, Hollie and Melissa. It is super hard to keep secrets from them. Especially when I know that Melissa and Hollie have been praying for this baby for over 15 months.

I already have the nursery completely done in my head. I’m ready for either boy or girl. I know that my heart longs for a daughter, but we also need a boy to carry on the McConathy name. We will have at least one more kido if the Lord allows. This time around I will be ecstatic and elated with either boy or girl.

On the clothes front, I can’t really comfortably fit into most of my pants. I bought two pairs of shorts with a stretchy band, so I have been living in those and loose fitting dresses. My plan is to only buy when I absolutely have to, but then again I have been cruising the maternity clothes on Target.com. Going to Target online or in person is always dangerous. When my bump starts getting even bigger, I will be happy to not worry about it poking out ;)

I see the doctor again in four weeks! I don’t know what that visit will entail, but I’m already excited about it.

12 wk 2 12 wk 3

Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment