Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Year Anniversary…. Love True Love!

August 19, 2012

There really has been a lot going on with us lately.  All I seem to find time to blog about is my weekly baby bump.  Today, I plan on catching up on some other things…. Some really important things…. like our anniversary last month!

I am continually amazed at the wonderful man I married.  He is my everything.  Just the touch of his hand to my skin makes me feel comforted and protected.  Every hour of every day I am thanking God for my Nate and our wonderful relationship. 

7

After having two good friends die and seeing their husbands mourn, I don’t take one hour for granted.  I have major attachment issues in this department, and I know it.  I am getting better about it…. I mean I used to freak about one of us going to Wal-Mart without the other.  (I also used to live a life of fear - read more about that HERE).  I saw two people I loved dearly die and leave their mates, so my absolute on-going worry was losing Nate (or him losing me). 

I know that I will always be attached to my love.  He has been my one and only since eighth grade.  But I also know that our God is sovereign and providential and will always take care of us.  “He does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.” –2 Tim. 1:7 

On a side note… I think it is great and healthy for me to love my husband this much.  I would rather spend time with him than anyone else and I think that’s a good thing!  We have been through so many things these last seven years and even more things the five years we dated.  Through it all… college, master’s degree, job decisions, moving, depression, two mortgages, infertility… we have been each other’s rocks!

Anyway… for our big 7th anniversary we tried to go to dinner and a movie.  On our way it started hailing, so we turned around and came home.  We ate in town, went and bought a soundbar thing that Nate has been wanting for forever, and watched a movie at our house.  It was great.  I love anniversaries!  They are way better than birthdays because you don’t have to get older and my favorite thing in my life is my marriage, so I like to celebrate it!

ANNIVERSARIES

I can’t wait for this next chapter of our life together… Raising a daughter will be something new and I’m sure crazy at times, but we will get through it just like we get through everything… together.  I pray that she always sees the love that her parents share and that she finds a man just like her dad!

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment