Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5K…. Check!

I have tried not to make a big deal out of getting my camera stolen in Nicaragua… even though it was a HUMONGOUS deal to me.  But I keep wishing I had a new one.  Someone at church even generously gave me some money to buy another one, but I was just so attached to the last one, I can’t commit to a different one yet.

Anyway, I keep having all these important things happen, where I would normally pull out my camera and snap a few great pics.  Things like Melissa’s gender reveal party of April 6 (It’s a boy!), Easter on April 8, the Ladies’ Retreat on April 13-14, End of the Year Youth Event on April 18, my great run on April 21, and one other thing that happened yesterday during our day to day life.

I guess it is better for you mysterious readers out there…. because there would have been a post about every one of those things. ha.  In the mean time, I am getting by with Nate’s phone and trying to put on a brave face about not getting good pictures :)

Anyways….. If you know me, you will fall on the floor when I say… I ran a 5K!  At least I tried.  I have a little problem that is TMI for the blog that kind of slowed me down, but I finished the whole 3.2 miles, so that is all that matters.

Nate plans on running a marathon in October… all 26.2 miles, so he ran the 10K.  I was proud of my sweaty, fast-running, active husband!

This is us before the blessed event ;)

nate and me

I learned a few things about running a 5K through this first experience:

1.  Invest in a really good bra before the race.

2.  Don’t skip your training days, because you will feel like a loser when people pass you.  Like people that are 90 years old, severely obese or even 7 months pregnant.  It will happen, people!

3.  Check the time you have to check in.  Cause it bites when you have to get up at 6am to go run.

4.  Remember that 1 kilometer is different than 1 mile.  I was siked when I got to 2K and felt great because I thought I was over half way finished…. Not so ;)

5.  And last but not least… Celebrate your run even if your time was horrible, because by golly you put yourself out there and did it!

hollie and me

Hollie and I after the race.  She was super excited for me… and I was about to fall over.

“Remember the Ten” at OSU

April 21, 2012

Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment