Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Nate and I have always enjoyed fixing up things…. especially our house.  We both take a lot of pride in our home and want it to look as good as possible.  Just the other day, a lady from church was coming by to drop off something and Nate was frantically cleaning everything… even our closet.  I was like really?  I don’t think she is going to be looking in our closet… But then I thought about how much Nate liked to show off our house, and he may just take her on a tour (and even in our closet). ha.  So I folded my clothes and put my shoes up ;)

Anyway, we will never take having a home for granted.  Especially after being without a place of our own for 10 months, and seeing people living in cardboard houses in Nicaragua.  I am actually currently looking for a really cute sign that says, “Home, Sweet Home” because that saying hits me right in the gut.  It is so sweet to have a home… There is no place like it.

Even though we bought a newer house, after the big move, there were still some things that we wanted to do to bring it up to our very picky standards.  We already did the painting and the new kitchen counters/backsplash.  Now to the outside.

Desktop5 The bare foundation had always bugged me, so Nate and I took at whole Friday and made a new flowerbed.  It was some hard work (and a little too much money) but I think it was totally worth it.

Desktop4-1

I hauled each one of those 15 lb. blocks from Nate’s truck to the window.  I felt like I was in a Biggest Loser challenge.  We definitely got our work out that day.

6o

This was our third trip to Lowes this day.  We actually needed to go again for more dirt, but I said forget it. 

I am so in love with this hard working man of mine.

Desktop3-2We also took a few more minutes and put these small stones around the flowerbed that was already there.  They match the others, so it really spiffed up the place.

9to

Next up, we need to paint the outside…. I’m thinking blue front door…. and build a pergola in the backyard.

Chevron Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment