Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pulled Pork

So…Nate loves pulled pork.  Since I don’t have time to cook during the week days, I have been trying out several new crock pot recipes that I found on pinterest.  I am obsessed with that by the way…best thing since sliced bread.

This was my first attempt ever to make something with pork and I can’t believe how easy and great it turned out.  The pork was a little on the expensive side for two people, but we will probably eat it for like 50 meals (that makes $14 go a long way).  I will definitely keep this in mind for when I have a crowd of people over.

044 (don’t judge on the paper plate, ok?  I don’t spend my 45 minutes at home doing dishes)

Pulled Pork
4 lbs of pork roast
2 white or yellow onions (I buy the already chopped kind and just dump them in there)
2 cups of apple cider vinegar
2 cups of apple juice
2 tsp of liquid smoke
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 bottle of regular/classic BBQ sauce (about 9 oz)

Put it all in a crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.  Stir to shred the meat and enjoy.  If you choose you can drain… add crushed red pepper flakes for a hotter taste… or more brown sugar for a sweeter taste.

Bon appetite… Or since this is kind of a southern recipe, I guess I should say… Come get it y’all.
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment