Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lately...

"Without vision, the people perish"
3.23.11
.
What's going on with us these days?
Nate continues to work as hard as he possibly can at church. He is always busy with youth things and now media too, but things feel like they are on pause. Really, our church has no vision. We are pushing through all the feelings of doubt and choosing to believe that we are here "for such a time as this."
Things are going to have to change drastically very soon. Every week we (us and a lot of the congregation) feel more and more exhausted. I am craving genuine worship and community. How is this church ever going to change? It has to change or it will eventually die.... It's like a contestant on The Biggest Loser. We need some leadership to come in and whip us into shape. Is there a Bob and Jillian out there for churches? Who knows?
I sit in the church office everyday and try to think of things to make it better, but there really is no point right now. Therefore, work is a little stressful/boring right now. I am still on weight watchers and love it, so I will stay on it until these last 18 pounds are gone. It may take forever, but I'm ready for it. I am over half way to my goal of losing 40 lbs.
Other than taking care of my Nate, myself, and my new kitchen not a lot has been going on. All in all, we are happy and healthy and enjoying each other and our house more than ever.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment