Monday, March 7, 2011

DIY Back Splash & 20 lbs Gone...

This weekend the inner carpenter in us came out in full force. We tiled our hearts out. It was a lot of work, but the end result is totally worth it. We re-did our kitchen back splash. It was plain white and now it definitely has some character.
It looks expensive.... even though it wasn't ;) and it makes me want to cook!
.
.
.
Enjoy some pictures!
Nate is so handy. I bet he could build a whole house by himself.
.
.
.
We have lots of renovation memories together.
It was great for us to be home together for a whole weekend.
.
.
.
Grouting
.
.
.
Before and after shot. This turned out a little small, but when we are completely through with the counter tops and all I will post better ones.
................................................................................................................................................ And, for the weight watchers update:
I have lost 20 lbs!
I sit here (at work) wearing some black pants that I haven't been able to wear in at least 2 years. Woo Hoo! I don't know how I let myself get so big, but I am really enjoying losing the weight. Every Monday when I weigh and see that number go down it is like a little happy party going on in my mind. ha.
I can't wait to get to my goal! I'm half way there! When these next 20 lbs get gone, I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment