Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flower Headband Tutorial

I know what everyone has been thinking... Man, I wish I knew how to make a cute headband since I'm going to be snowed in and have all day to do nothing.
.
.
.
Well, you are all in luck. I made this a couple weeks ago and thought I would share.
It's my very first tutorial. Yay!
.
.
.
For this project you will need:
  • 3 strips of fabric cut 1/2" wide and 35"long
  • 3 strips of fabric cut 1/2" wide and 22" long
  • Needle and thread
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun (with some hot glue)
  • Felt
  • Headband

Now on to the instructions:

Choose a fabric and cut to the sizes above.
.
.
Sew them together at the top.
.
.
Now, get someone to hold the end, or tape it to the table like I did, and braid the strands of fabric together.
.
.
Once the entire strip is braided, sew that end together also. Then trim it up so it is nice and tidy.
.
.
Now, roll the braided fabric to make the "flower." Be careful to keep it tight.
.
.
Make some strategic stitches in the back to keep the "flower" rolled up.
.
.
Turn it over and you have one finished "flower." You could use how ever many "flowers" you like, but for this head band I used two.
So, repeat all this again to make the other "flower".
.
.
Next, you will need to trace your "flowers" on the felt and cut two circles a little smaller than your "flowers".
Get everything ready, cause you are about to glue. Woo Hoo.
.
.
Put the headband on and make sure you know where you want your "flowers" before gluing. You don't want it directly on top of your head.... or maybe you do.... It is your headband, so do what you want.
Anyway, glue the "flowers into place with your hot glue gun.
.
.
Next, glue your felt circles on the back with your hot glue gun to cover everything up.
.
.
And, there you have it. A fun headband to brighten up your day!
.
.
I like how it doesn't stand out too far from my head. I don't want people looking at my head thinking "what was she thinking?" haha.
.
.
The end. What do you think? . . Let me know if you make one of your own. I would love to see it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment