Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spiritually BITTER or Spiritually BETTER???

An entry from my journal on July 12, 2010:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." ~James 1:2-6

Our house has been for sale for almost ten months now. I have been physically, mentally, and spiritually down for these months too. I have let my circumstances take control. This last week was a bad one, and I know that Nate and I are a little depressed. Yesterday at church I heard yet another sermon on "enduring trials." I'm tired of hearing things like this, but this message stood out.
Everyone is going to go through trials... How do I respond? Am I going to come though spiritually bitter or better? Until today I have been growing more bitter by the week. Today I choose to make myself spiritually better.
Verse 5 says to ask for wisdom, but ask without a doubt. Nate came to me this morning saying that for the first time in these ten months, he is really not doubting - I am totally opposite in that I have never doubted so much.
Lord, please search me and know my heart. Take all my doubt away because I know that you are there and that you have a plan. Please grant me Your wisdom to become spiritually better and know how to make it through this trial...
___________________________________________
Today I feel refreshed in the fact that Nate and I are here
"for such a time as this" to see God move in the lives of our students.
Nate with Sara and Daniel, Sunday 8/8/10, before they were baptized.
Me and Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment