Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good things come to those who wait.... Right?

Well, now we don't know when we are going to close on our house. Something always gets messed up with us. Really... I feel like nothing can just happen the way it's supposed to.
But, the good news is it will definitely be before October 8th. We were trying to close early so the sellers wouldn't have to pay another month's mortgage, but our finance guy didn't get the memo.... or at least he forgot about that little detail. It is only 8 more days, but after waiting 11 months I can hardly sleep at night because I am so excited to unpack.
I am constantly thinking about how we are going to decorate. Like all the time. It is driving Nate crazy, but I am just excited.
Here is what "we" are thinking:

This is my inspiration. We got it at Garden Ridge and I am in love with it. I know exactly where I'm going to put it. I'm going for eclectic country.... or something like that.

And, I have a new theory.... less is more. I don't feel like I have to hang something on every wall like I did in our first house.

This is our new pantry. It is going to house all our food. It is currently sitting with all our other stuff in two boxes (one weighs 90 lbs and the other 70lbs...we figure it will be easier to move this way) just waiting to be put together. Can't wait to see it in person. These are our new outside lights. Nate already has some projects lined up :) New inside lights.
___________________________________________
Now, this is the stuff I am looking for.... and will buy when we replenish our bank accounts.
I want 4 antique ceiling tiles to put together in a square. I can't find these things anywhere. Where else do I look?
I bet they will have some at Affair of the Heart (a huge craft show here in OKC)! Can't wait for that.
Furniture! It doesn't necessarily need to be leather, but we definitely want a dark brown couch, love seat, and recliner. We have been married long enough to finally buy our own furniture, right?
A sofa table. Who knows what color or shape.... we just need one. Our new house is so open we don't want people just staring at the back of our couch. I plan on putting our digital picture frame on it. (my Christmas present from last year that's still in the box) I like little decorative chairs with weird fabric. I like this print, but would also be open to some polka dots or stripes :)
_____________________________
That is all for now. I'm sure I will think of something else in about 3 minutes. ha.
Anybody out there have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions? I don't hate comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment