Friday, July 9, 2010

Memorable Moment #9: Washington DC

My dad is on the Rural Electric Co-Op, and gets to go to DC every summer for a meeting. My mom always goes with him to site see, and we got to tag along one summer. It was a great trip. I learned that I really like history.... just didn't know much about it because I had coaches for all my history classes in high school.
Nate was loving every minute of it. It was great to stand places that so many important people have stood. My mom knew her way around so we got to see a lot that week. We hope to go back with them soon!
Good Ol Abe. Had to do it.
National Cathedral was pretty neat... One of my mom's favorite places.
Library of Congress
A real C3PO.
Loved looking at the capital!
Museum of Natural History
Mount Vernon was our favorite! We were there all day.
Mom and I in the garden at Mount Vernon.
Us with George, Martha, and some grand kids.
George again.
Union Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment