Friday, July 9, 2010

Memorable Moment #10: Whoop Whoop Small Group

In August 2005, when I moved to Rogers where Nate had already been a youth pastor for a couple months.... I met the most wonderful girls disguised as 7th graders. I wasn't sure about being pushed into the middle school ministry at church, but it quickly became where I was supposed to be. These girls were not only my first small group as a youth pastor's wife, they taught me just as much as I hope I thought them.
.
I will always remember "Whoop Whoop Small Group" and how we all grew up together... physically and spiritually. We went from passing the magic pencil and chasing rabbits, to really caring about each other and learning about God together. We all understand the purpose of a small group. We all learned to let others talk, and to listen. Every week we would get closer as we talked about what God was showing us in each lesson.
.
I am overwhelmingly proud of these girls! Leaving them was and still is the hardest part of moving. I am still praying for them, and probably will always be. I look forward to watching them continue to grow in the Lord and wish to always keep in touch.
.
Love and miss you girls so much!
Thanks for all the memories!
Good luck with your Senior year in high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment