Friday, June 4, 2010

A Heart That Endures

I once heard a man say that if he could ask for one thing from God it would be...... A HEART THAT ENDURES. wow
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
-Phil. 4:2-8
He used these verses to explain to us what exactly this kind of heart looks like.... *Be happy in knowing the Lord. We don't deserve his love.
*Gentleness = Being happy with less than you deserve.
*Don't worry. "Worry is the interest on a debt that has already been paid."
*Worry is the complete opposite of prayer.
*Be thankful..... There is a lot to be thankful for
*God's greatest gift = peace
*Think positive thoughts
_______________

This is an awesome goal. The pastor that spoke these words was well into his fifties, and had just resigned from his church because they were unable to pay him. He was going through some hard times and stood infront of our whole church and gave us a message of peace, hope, and love. I greatly admire his words, and pray that I can have a heart that endures.

Nate and I have both learned a lot about ourselves in the last seven months. Everyday that our house doesn't sell makes my attitude worse. I have learned that I am a lazy, selfish person.... great huh? I feel like I am trapped in someone elses body... literally. The things that I used to love to do.... I just don't. I am letting my surroundings determine my mood.

But don't worry.... I know myself and somehow I will slowly get back to that girl.

We have found great friends here and I am able to get everything off my chest whenever I want. Nate and I are about to go insane and do some insanity workouts, which will help me a lot! We are about to start summer activities, which I always look forward to.... Can't wait to get to know our students better. And, I just booked our anniversary trip to the Bahamas! Things are looking up!

From today on I will choose to rejoice in the Lord! I will be happy with what we have. God has totally provided for us during our transition from Rogers to Yukon. There were times when I had it written on paper how we weren't going to have money left for food after we paid our bills in Rogers and in Yukon.... And somehow we still had money in the bank. Do you believe God still does miracles??? I certainly do!

I will choose to pray when I want to worry. And I will choose to be thankful instead of grumpy. I will think happy thoughts and not let myself get down. I will pray for one of God's greatest gifts... peace.

This should be a wonderful start to a week of self reflection, restoration, and renewal. I will be by myself so this could get interesting. Nate is going to church camp without me for the first time. The depressed Whitney would cry all day everyday and lay on the couch when she gets off work, but today.... the new me will choose not to be like that. Mind over matter. Here goes nothing....

God give me a heart that endures

No comments:

Post a Comment