Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Memorable Moment #1: Our Wedding

When I think back on the life that I have lived so far, there are definitely certain memorable moments that stand out. I want to write about these things and what I learned from them.... if I learned anything. Nate and I met when his dad came to be the pastor in the church where I grew up. I remember that day and how I was just a little kid and he was a big bad high schooler. ha. I never thought about us as a couple, but knew that we would be good friends just because we were both always at church. We both remember me talking about how my pen matched my shirt (I was nervous). On March 19, 2000, God answered my prayer and gave me a boyfriend. haha. But really, I never knew what a blessing that would turn out to be. I am a very loyal person and I quickly learned that Nate is too. We dated all through my high school days and his college years. When we got engaged in May 2005, I didn't think twice about saying yes. So, I will never forget a lot about our dating relationship... like how we had a phone date every night at 8:00 while he was in college... but the real story started when we were married on August 19, 2005.

After only having two months to plan, we really did have the sweetest little wedding. It wasn't hard finding a venue or a pastor.... I had all these plans in my head already so we made it happen. I wanted a lot of white, so my mom made a huge curtain... bam, decorated. I remember my Aunt Jana on top of scaffolding hanging it. I got my own flowers and did all the boutonnieres and bouquets. It was a very personal wedding because my mom and I did everything ourselves... even the bridesmaid dresses. The reception was full of our favorites snacks and pictures of us. It was a great day full of family and friends. The thing I remember the most if the song that Nate wrote and sang for me. It was so sweet and the lyrics are framed and always hanging in our living room. To both of us it was kind of a blur, but really one of those days that we will never forget.

From this day on I have really learned all about love. Love is selfless.... Love is always thinking about Nate before I think of myself.... Love is being ok with having nothing else but each other.... Love is the best feeling/emotion in the world. Nate and I truly can love deeply because we know the love of our Savior, and He is the center of our relationship. We love way beyond our years. We have already been through things that married couples never have to go through, and we are each other's rocks. I pray everyday for Nate and our wonderful marriage.... please let us have many more happy healthy years together :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I love looking back at these pictures. You are so beautiful! And as I read your blog, I am only reminded again of just how beautiful you are on the inside too! I am so proud of you and Nate. I love seeing you faithfully love and serve the Lord and each other. Your future children will be so blessed to have such amazing parents. I love you, Whitney! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot how beautiful u looked that day. i hope you have many years more of all the happy times. i am proud of you whit.

    ReplyDelete