Saturday, December 10, 2016

Lydia Joy

December 7, 2017

Adoption is a long and hard process. Over the last 2+ years I have watched Zack and Hollie go through every step. There have been so many prayers and tears... A few big changes... And so much anticipation leading up to this night, when we finally got to see Zack and Hollie with Lydia in person. Such joy! She is just so precious!

Mollie picked out a sweet little toy to give Lydia, and late after church on this Wednesday night we loaded up the church van to go to the air port.  I held it together…. thankfully…. and we got to see Hope and Gage meet their sister for the first time.  I even got a couple hugs from my new little buddy!

I can't help but think of what a beautiful picture I've witnessed. Ephesians 1:5 (Msg) says "Long, long ago He decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!)"

Thinking about how much my friends went through to take this sweet girl home as their daughter will always bring a tear to my eye and give me such peace about how much THE Father wanted and planned for me, His daughter.  

Feeling such gratitude for answered prayers, the Fuller FIVE, and salvation through Jesus Christ!

IMG_5670IMG_5674IMG_5676IMG_5673IMG_5680

No comments:

Post a Comment