Monday, August 29, 2016

Nate’s New Old Truck

For what seems like forever, Nate has wanted to buy an old truck.  Not just any truck… a ‘65 Ford with a bunch of other specifications.  My thinking was… when we are old and Mollie is through with college, he can have at it.  This “hobby” seems like it would take a lot of time and money… two things we don’t have enough of.  That is why for Father’s Day, in June, Mollie and I started a nice little savings account for his dreams to come true…. in the far future.

Little did I know, he couldn’t wait.  Whatever makes him happy, makes me happy…. and as my dad would say, “It’s just money.”  So on August 27th he found a deal that he just couldn’t pass up.

IMG_4740

So…. he is now the owner of his dream ‘65 Ford.  Although I am still in a little shock…. I pray that this truck will bring Nate happiness and escape from work.  I pray that this new “hobby” will be something that he can fiddle with when he is upset with things at church, or maybe feeling depressed.  I will always support his dreams and stand behind his decisions… even when I have to start parking outside.

I’m looking forward to seeing him turn it into everything he wants… and all the cruising we will be doing to go get Dr. Peppers.

IMG_4760IMG_4790IMG_4789IMG_4791IMG_4793

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of truck restoring husbands! My car has lived outside for two years now and she's just fine. I whine about it sometimes, but it is definitely his release after a long week at work. I'm secretly looking forward to it being finished so we can go on dates too! :)

    ReplyDelete