Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4th of July Twenty Sixteen

I have great memories growing up watching fireworks on the 4th of July.  When my dad was into golf, we would take his golf cart (and go with his good friends and their families) to the perfect spot on the golf course to watch the fireworks at the good ‘ol Purcell Lake.  I feel like I don’t have a very good memory these days…. But I remember laying on that golf green like it was yesterday.  Maybe because I always loved it so much!

So I want to create those memories with Mollie now.  She is just too cute.  I love everything about this age.  She is so precious and most of the time, obedient.  We have been beyond blessed with the sweetest little girl there is.  She does have a little sass to her sometimes, but I just treasure every word that comes out of her mouth.

Anyways…. We went to see the fireworks as a family on the 3rd.  The last few years, here in Yukon, we have parked and watched from the back on Nate’s truck.  We go super early to get a good view, close to the movie theater so we can go get popcorn.

IMG_3896IMG_3899IMG_3900IMG_3902IMG_3906IMG_3905

The next morning we got up and got ready for a parade.  Melissa invited Mollie to ride in a little children’s parade with Duncan and Arlen.  It was an adventure getting everything and everyone ready, but in the end the Flaggin’ Wagon got first place and we ended up in the paper.

IMG_3910IMG_3913IMG_3918IMG_3914IMG_3915IMG_3920

And getting a picture with the first place blue ribbon….

IMG_3924IMG_3926

After the parade and walking around the park for a bit, we went to the Bales’ house to swim.  Mollie definitely loves to swim!

IMG_3929IMG_3931

We ended the night with a few sparklers. 

IMG_3938IMG_3937

No comments:

Post a Comment