Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You Are My Dream Come True…

September 16, 2015

 

To My Dearest Mollie,

Currently you are almost three years old.  I cannot even believe it.  These three years have been so fast and I cherish every day with you.  When I am not with you…. I want to be, and every time you hold my hand, my heart flutters.  You are simply the joy of my life and I am beyond blessed to have you!

Last night I realized something so great…. You are my dream come true!  When I was little I used to “mother” every stuffed animal, every baby doll, and every Barbie.  All I ever wanted in my life was to be a wife and mother.  I can remember an assignment when I was in high school, about my future.  We had to make a dream board with 4 sections.  I can see this poster board filled with magazine clippings so clearly in my head, even to this day.  My four dreams: Graduate college, Get married, Be a mom, and Be successful. 

I was so lucky to meet your dad in 8th grade. I have loved him so deeply ever since.  You and him are my life, and I pray every single day that the man you marry will be like your dad.  Marriage is simply one of life’s best things ever.  By the time you read this, I’m sure you’ll know our anniversary is August 19, 2005.  Dream #1: Check.  Because of your Grandma and Papa supporting me, I graduated college in 2008.  Even though I am not managing a business somewhere with a corner office, I am very proud of my degree.  And I’m very proud to help my parents’ realize their dream to have all three children graduate college.  Dream #2:  Check.  When you were born in 2012, we wanted you so badly.  You were wanted and loved so much for years before you were born.  It is so precious looking back on your wonderful pregnancy and delivery.  Everything was perfect.  And, you came into our world and turned it upside down…. in the best way possible.  You are only 2 1/2 right now, but I am already so proud of you.  And I beam with pride, and humility, to be your mother.  Dream #3: Check!  And, everyone has different definitions of successful.  But your dad and I have loved each other deeply, never had one penny of debt (besides our house and cars), live in a beautiful house, and we want for nothing.  That, in my book, is super successful.  Dream #4: Check!

But even more than those tenth grade dreams, I always wanted to have a daughter.  I always wanted to experience that bond.  I cannot wait to do all the girl things with you and hopefully become one of your best friends in which to confide.  I know that those days may be far away, and I don’t want to rush time…. I just love every new thing with you. 

Last night, we were laying on the couch watching the new Cinderella movie together.  You were so precious watching the TV with bright but tired eyes, and I was almost crying at the movie, and at how sweet you are.  Then when Cinderella got up to dance with her prince, we got up and danced around the living room…. You like to spin.  I realized in that moment that life for me right now, couldn’t be any better.  This…. This moment dancing with my daughter while watching Cinderella was simply a dream come true.  You are my dream come true!

My dreams for you continue to evolve over time.  I learn new things to worry about and new things to pray about all the time.  But today, while running, I was listening to an audiobook by Jen Hatmaker called “For the Love” and chapter 11 had me tearing up.  It was a letter she wrote for her five children.  She listed three dreams for them, and I know that I dream the same thing for you.  #1: Be kind.  Just like Cinderella last night…. Be kind and have courage.  I can see your sweet spirit even now.  You are kind.  Keep being that way.  Always look for someone to be kind to and keep a positive outlook.  #2:  Be you.  Don’t change who you are for others.  Don’t let them tear you down.  Don’t be afraid to be different.  And, #3:  Love God.  Know Him and love Him fiercely, and always strive to make Him happy. 

If you are a genuinely kind follower of Christ, nothing else will matter.  And, that is the truth!  Never get caught up in boys, or prom dresses, or cars, or clothes, or gossip, or sports.  Do what you love to do…and your dad and I will always support you in that…and run your own race.  I tell you every night that you are beautiful and that Jesus made you just like you are.  I tell you every time your fall and get an ouchie that you are strong and brave.  And even though you are little right now, I know you’ll grow to understand and believe those words. 

Just know that I love you more than life itself.  I am grateful every single hour, that I get to be your mom.  And watching you grow is my greatest joy.  I will always be here for you, my sweet Mollie Girl.  I will always be thankful for you, my little dream come true!

All my heart,

Mom

IMG_4305

No comments:

Post a Comment