Sunday, October 26, 2014

Gettin’ on the Potty Train

I heard from a lot of different people about potty training.  When to do it, when not to do it, and on.  I researched it myself and felt positive that Mollie was ready to try.  She showed a lot of the signs “they” talk about online, but the most glaring one was that she always asked to go to the potty.  The nursery teacher at church said her daughter was potty trained at 18 months, so I said what the hay, we’ll try it.

I am a planner to the core, so of course, I had a plan.  And, surprisingly, it all went great!  We did the three day “naked weekend” where she didn’t wear diapers, pull-ups, panties, or pants for three days.  I put down a tarp and her little potty and we had a blast going potty every 20 minutes.  She got a sticker every time she went pee pee, and a prize out of the prize bag for going #2.  On day two, she started using the big potty and by day three she had it down.  Of course for the next couple days, if we went anywhere, the potty went with us ;)

IMG_0276 IMG_0282 IMG_0277 IMG_0281 IMG_0287 IMG_0289

This was October 23-25, 2014.  She was almost 23 Months.  I am so proud of my super smart girl and also very happy about not buying anymore diapers (for the time being).

No comments:

Post a Comment