Friday, December 14, 2012

Jaundice Hospital Stay

Nate and I conversation on the way to Mollie’s first check up:

“I don’t know why all women say they go crazy crying after having a baby.  I haven’t felt that break down feeling yet.”

“I know babe, I think you’ve been great”

Go to doctor appointment, where we find out that Mollie is jaundice and we will be going back into a different hospital to get it taken care of quickly.

“Can you call my mom and tell her”  (because I’m crying hysterically)

Phone Pics 152You were feeling fine, just a little jaudice that needed to be taken care of.  You stayed under the light for two whole days.  It was hard not to hold you.  While you were sleeping away, I was working hard to get my milk in for you.

Phone Pics 156  Phone Pics 159 Phone Pics 160

Phone Pics 342 Phone Pics 359

Phone Pics 158 After another two days, you were looking good and we got to take you home for good.  It was a long first week for us, but you handled everything like a champ!

Your dad was also jaundice when he was born, so I guess this should have been our first clue that you would be just like him ;)

Phone Pics 166

No comments:

Post a Comment